"Iran Forum: Myths and Facts"
Threats of military strikes against Iran have many of us concerned. We know
peace is possible, but is another Middle East war probable?
Three round table discussions:
Saturday May 19, 2012, 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
First Unitarian Church - 1211 SW Main, Portland, OR
** Iran - Myths & Realities
This discussion will provide background on the current crisis and the
geopolitics of sanctions on and war with Iran.
**Friendships - Americans and Iranians
Travelers to Iran will share their experiences.
**The War at Home - Here and There
This discussion features people who know first hand the toll that a war
takes on societies here and there.
Panelists will include:
• Farideh Farhi, Professor of Political Science at University of Hawaii and
a public commentator on US-Iran relations
• Muhammad Sahimi, Professor of Engineering, USC and a columnist for PBS
Frontline Tehran Bureau
• Robin Hahnel, Professor of Economics at Portland State University
• Kelly Campbell of Physicians for Social Responsibility
• Ahjamu Umi of Occupy Portland
• Ian LaVallee of Iraq Veterans Against the War
Sponsored By: American
Iranian Friendship Council, Occupy Portland,
Physicians for Social Responsibility, Veterans for Peace, Peace and
Justice Works Iraq Affinity Group, Peace Action Committee of the First
Unitarian Church and Portland Peaceful Response Coalition. With financial
support by the PSU Middle East Studies Center and through a Parsa Community
For more information contact American Iranian Friendship Council at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top